Psoriasis fading in spots

The condition of my psoriasis spots on my belly are currently fading, flaking, but also still actively inflaming. Despite the appearance of lighter spots, I am still experiencing impulses to scratch my spots in order to gain relief, but instead create more irritation. This tends to happen during periods of stress and tension. I am inconsistent with my topical prescription cream, I use Taro-Mometasone Cream (Mometasone Furoate, 0.1%). I would estimate and say I use the cream approximately twice a week on my body, and 5 times a week on my face. I try to avoid using the cream unless I am insecure about the physical appearance of my psoriasis. I have learned that I have extreme stubbornness towards committing to a treatment that is only treating the exterior, and not the root of the problem.

What could possibly be causing the patchy fading of my spots?

Many questions run through my head as to why my psoriasis spots look the way they do. But I also question as to whether this particular physical characteristic can be proven. The most logical conclusion I can come to at the moment is that  inconsistencies in use of Taro-Mometasone Cream may cause an uneven healing process. This is just a conclusion that I have come to myself based on my own psoriasis. I notice fading after one application of the cream, but immediately after a triggering event I will see my psoriasis coming back in patches within existing spots.

March 13, 2017


Photo 1 shows a new psoriasis spot growing within an existing one, closer to the bottom edge of the spot. This spot is shaped as a result of two spots joining together. There is fading at the top of the psoriasis spot, specifically on the top right edge, where you can see lighter skin and uneven healing.

 Photo 2 shows two spots that are nearly completely joined, and have uneven coloring and flaking. The bottom right edge of the psoriasis spot is patchy and skin is evidently layering. The area surrounding my beauty mark tends to get itchier than most; this may possibly explain the extra flaking and layering of skin in that area.


Popular Posts