The Bahamas: My Natural Healing Story

Relaxing in the Bahamas

On August 19, 2017, I flew to the Bahamas for 1 week in order to regain my health and improve the appearance of my psoriasis naturally. Living in Canada, I do not get many opportunities to sunbathe and I especially do not get any opportunities to experience the luxury of sea water. The salt water found in the sea provides amazing healing benefits to my psoriasis spots and having consistent sun (UV) exposure is also highly beneficial to my skin. 3 months ago, I had blood work done and the doctor told me that I was deficient in Vitamin D. She had prescribed me vitamin D tablets but I refused to buy them since I wanted to gain Vitamin D naturally from the sun. Before I went to the Bahamas, I was very pale and still did not have an adequate level of Vitamin D in my system. I was also underweight, and lacking the energy to go out and heal myself naturally through nature. Luckily though, when I arrived to the Bahamas I had the opportunity to not worry about my stress factors back home, and started to let loose and relax. I sunbathed for at least 2 hours each day, except for 1 day when there was thundershowers all day. Regardless of missing 1 day of sunbathing and swimming in salt water, I have seen a significant improvement in the condition of my psoriasis, especially on my stomach. Here are photos of the progression of healing throughout my trip:

August 19, 2017 (day 1)


August 20, 2017 (day 2)


August 21, 2017 (day 3)


August 22, 2017 (day 4) 

August 23, 2017 (day 5)


August 25, 2017 (day 7)


When I got home from my trip, I took a final photo of the psoriasis on my belly to compare it to the very first day in the Bahamas. Here it is:

August 26, 2017


As you can see, my spots have lightened in colour, transitioning from a darker pink to a light pink. The texture is also a lot smoother and flatter. The dark spot on the right side of my belly is a beauty mark not a scab! I am so thankful that I do not itch in my sleep anymore, since I used to wake up with scabs all over my stomach from itching too hard and subsequent bleeding would occur. Overall, I am very pleased and hope that my flare up in this particular area does not return as it has covered such a large portion of my stomach.

What It's Like In The Bahamas

The resort I went to had such kind and welcoming people. I was not once asked about my psoriasis in a negative way. Instead, I was told that my spots look like flower tattoos. I was very flattered when I heard this because I didn't think that someone could perceive the image of my psoriasis flare ups in such a positive way. It is all about perception and positive outlooks! I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to meet and connect with such accepting people, and there is no doubt that I would want to do this again. In terms of the environment, the water was very clear and spending a short amount of time in the salt water already provided soothing benefits to my skin, resulting in less itchiness. The sun rays were very strong for 6 out of the 7 days I was there, and this provided much relief for my spots. In fact, I believe that the sun had the most significant impact on my skin, by lightening my spots and causing new ghost spots to appear. Yay for relaxation and natural healing!  





Comments

Popular Posts